Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest


Tonight I have decided to check out The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, the final installment in the Swedish film adaptations of Steig Larsson's hugely popular Millenium Trilogy. Noomi Rapace and Mikael Nyqvist once again return as Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomqvist. I am only moderately interested this time, after feeling very indifferent about the series following the below average middle film, The Girl Who Played With Fire. I'm certain the novels are better. I have heard mixed responses about this one, with one outlandish comment stating that Hornets Nest was the 'Best Thriller of the Decade'. This seems like a very big call. Still, I feel I need to finish what I started. I really enjoyed The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and while I'm not in complete agreement with the decision of the American remake, now that David Fincher, Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are all involved, i think it will prove to be a great film.

Rob at Anomalous Material shares his thoughts on Hornets Nest and the upcoming remake.

I will post my review later, but if you are interested in what I had to say about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire you can find the links here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment